WWA Architecture + Planning is accepting applications for an Architect to join our team of professionals. A degree in Architecture, professional license (or working towards license), proficiency with Revit, Photoshop and MS Office with 2 years minimum experience preferred.
Position is full-time with benefits including health and dental insurance, 401(k), vacation, holiday pay, and annual bonus. Salary: DOQ
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Architecture with a minimum of five years architectural design experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties such as those listed below.
- Architectural design techniques
- Construction methods and applications
- Principles and practices of civil, mechanical, electrical, and structural engineering as they relate to project design
- Regulations governing the architectural profession
- Contract administration
- Computer systems for architectural design; familiarity with Revit and CAD computer applications
- City, state and federal building codes as they relate to company projects and design-build applications
- Project management
- Developing and delegating tasks and projects
- Problem solving
- Inspecting job sites for design compliance
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, owner, subcontractors, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive or give work direction
- Researches, plans, designs, and administers building projects for clients, applying knowledge of design, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials.
- Consults with customer to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Plans layout of project; integrates engineering elements into unified design for customer review and approval utilizing knowledge of engineering practices, mathematics, and construction practices; and, prepares sketches of scale drawings.
- Administers construction contracts, reviews contract documents as needed; and conducts periodic on-site observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
Submit cover letter, resume, and design samples to our HR Manager. Visit here to apply online.